If you are looking for the best breathable hiking boots that are highly recommended by the podiatrist then we have got good news for you, my team and I have tested personally 5 hiking boots and could strongly recommend them for anyone looking to buy a very perfect lightweight and breathable hiking boots.
The struggle to choose the right hiking boots depend upon so many factors, for example, the hiking boots to use in Australia trails differs from the one’s you can use to hike in the United States. This is the reason why making a good choice of which hiking boots to use when you are going for your first hike is really important.
When you choose the wrong boots then you could end up hurting your feet’s so bad, we have carefully selected the best breathable and lightweight hiking boots that will protect your feet all day long during your hiking times, these are the features everyone should look out for when selecting a hiking boot.
List of 5 Best Lightweight and Breathable Hiking Boots
This is the list of the best lightweight and breathable hiking boots for you to use when you go for hiking in any season, including the summer seasons as they have been recommended by my team of podiatrists.
1. NORTIV 8 Men’s Ankle High Waterproof Hiking Boots
The Nortiv 8 Men’s Ankle Hi Waterproof Hiking Boots are made for adventure and they are one of the best breathable hiking boots out there in the market. They’re also built tough enough to withstand the elements of weather, but still they offer a lightweight, flexible fit and feel on your feet.
They also feature a waterproof membrane which keeps your feet dry while the mesh lining lets air flow through to keep them cool. Plus, they feature an antimicrobial treatment to fight odor-causing bacteria.
- Durable nylon upper with leather trim.
- Mesh lining provides ventilation.
- Anti-odor treatment fights odors caused by sweat or foot debris.
- Rubber outsole provides traction.
- Quick drying, durable rubber sole.
- Breathable, water resistant membrane.
- Lace up closure.
2. Men’s Hiking Breathable Lightweight
These are also among the best breathable hiking boots available in the market, and the good thing is that they have been tested by podiatrists and they are the only ones that meet their recommendations.
The sole of this boot has been specially engineered to provide maximum traction while maintaining excellent foot support. These are the most comfortable hiking boots you will find.
- Waterproof and breathable.
- Easy to clean.
- Anti-bacterial lining.
- Durable rubber outsole.
- Rubber toe cap.
- Non-marking tread pattern.
- Good grip.
- Excellent arch support.
- Soft leather uppers.
- Sturdy heel counter.
- Lace up closure.
- Available in black or brown.
3. Columbia Women’s Newton Ridge Lightweight Waterproof Hiking Boot
Columbia Women’s Newton Ridge Light waterproof Hiking Boots are made from waterproof nylon/polyester fabric with an EVA midsole for lightweight support and they are the best breathable hiking boots you can find out there.
The boot has a durable rubber outsole for traction on uneven terrain also, these hiking boots have a removable insole for easy cleaning.
- Durable water resistant nylon/polyester fabric upper.
- Removable insole for easy cleaning and maintenance.
- Rubber sole provides excellent traction on uneven surfaces.
- Padded collar for comfort.
- Elastic gusseted tongue and heel provide additional stability.
- Low profile design for ease of movement.
- Non slip rubber outsole.
4. Merrell Women’s Moab 2 Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot
Merrell Women’s Moab II Mid Waterproof Hiking Boots are one of the best breathable hiking boots that were specially fabricated for the trail. They’re built tough with waterproof/breathable GORE-TEX lining and an EVA midsole for long-lasting cushioning.
The Moab II has a durable rubber outsole for traction on uneven terrain.
- Waterproof/Breathable GORE-Tex® Lining
- EVA midsole provides lightweight cushioning
- Durable rubber outsole for traction
- Moisture wicking sockliner keeps feet dry
- Lace closure for easy entry and exit
- Adjustable lacing system allows for customized fit
- Cushioned collar for added support
- Removable insole for easy cleaning
- Rubber toe cap for durability
- Soft leather upper for comfort
- Padded tongue and collar for additional comfort
5. Columbia Men’s Fairbanks Low Sneaker
Another highly recommended breathable hiking boots is the Columbia Men’s Fairbanks Low Hiking Boots, they are made for walking long distances in cool weather. The low cut design provides excellent ankle support while allowing air to circulate around your feet.
The waterproof leather uppers are treated with an antimicrobial coating that helps prevent odor build up, it also features a removable insole adds cushioning and shock absorption and the rugged outsole has a lug pattern that gives traction when wet or muddy.
- Waterproof leather upper.
- Removable insole for additional cushioning.
- Lugged outsole for traction.
- Breathable mesh lining.
- Anti-odor treatment.
- Heel pull loop for easy on/off.
- Low cut design for superior ankle support.
Conclusion | Breathable Hiking Boots
These lightweight and breathable hiking boots were tested personally by my team made up of 5 podiatrists, we hiked with these boots on uneven terrains and it was perfect for our feet so we decided to put our finding on the internet so that everyone searching for breathable and lightweight hiking boots will easily have a choice.